Sunday, June 14, 2015

Legacy

Legacy…
What most leave behind when they die
I had the pleasure to discover the power behind legacy when I visited a local Egbe school in Nigeria.
Listening to a little of the backstory of the school & essentially the man, I began to see legacy in its finest moment.
Children running every direction- playing, laughing, singing… when their path came across that of the man- honor was given. As I watched, I noticed it was not out of fear but out of reverence. Some of the smaller children even ran to hold his hand and just be near him, others just wanted to come say hi.
So many children… so much love
I remember hearing Isaiah 54: 2-3… “Enlarge the place of your rent, stretch out your tent curtains wide, do not hold back, lengthen your cords, strengthen your stakes. For you will spread out to the right and to the left, your descendants will dispossess nations and settle in their desolate cities.”
This is exactly what this man was doing. He told me that parents would bring their children & the money for tuition and tell him, “My child must come to school there.” He would say there is no room. “It’s fine, they must go to your school because it is the best.”
With the capacity to hold 300 students in the school for classes, there were 350 students in attendance, with half of them boarding from far away from their families and home.
His tent curtains were spread out wide for sure. But he continually said- God provides everyday for these children. With his own children grown & gone, this man & his wife are parents to so many other children.
I love the image I captured in my mind when a little girl would ran up to him, grabbed his hand, show honor to him with a bow, and said, “hi”, then ran on about her day. I watched this man respond to this little girl like a daddy responds to his little girl.
My heart melted…
This is the picture of God, our Daddy. He loves for us to be running about our busy day & stop for a moment, show Him honor & say “hi”
what a simple act…
that melts the heart of The Father every time



No comments:

Post a Comment