Thursday, June 4, 2015

Prayer Round

Tonight was weekly prayer rounds at the hospital. Each time I go, I am a little more excited, but also slightly intimidated.  Will I pray the right things? Will I be bold enough for You Jesus? What if someone doesn’t understand English? What if they don’t want us to pray? What if I don’t hear Your voice? What if?
All of these insecurities & questions flood my mind. Meant to stop me in my tracks.
They do not succeed.
“My strength comes from the Lord.”
Each bed we stop at we are met with smiles, greetings, thanks, handshakes, & even “hold my baby.” All stirring my heart even more & reminding me why I love being a nurse & a follower of Christ.
We meet a couple where the wife has a ruptured appendix, most likely. We are getting to know the couple- where are you from, how many kids, ect. “Six babies & from 2 hours away, & we are Muslim.” We asked if we could pray for her & if she knew who Jesus was. As Jesus was being explained to her, I could see the frustration on all of our faces & felt it in my spirit due to the language barrier.
“Just pray” was what I heard.
So I did so.
I love those moments when you feel the Holy Spirit lifting every ounce of fear, insecurity, doubt, & discouragement. All at one- His words start pouring out peace in the atmosphere.
Lord, we come to you, thanking you for being God. That even though we are frustrated due to language barriers- we are reminded that you are the God who is not bound by language or time or power. That you know our hearts. That you speak all languages. That you speak the language of the heart. You know our hearts, Lord, & our desire that others would come know you too…

I was reminded while I was praying that it is not my job to create understanding & depth & the ah ha moment.
You want more than I could ever desire, for all hearts to long for & respond after you. And it is You who gives revelation, stir hearts, answer prayers, open blind eyes, heal sick, & raise dead.
Because You are God & You are good.
A Bible on a patient’s bed was open to Psalms 126. It was in Yoruba, so we could not read it until we were home.  We talked of singing a joyful song to God on our walk home & I as very grateful He was in control.
Psalm 126 reads…


When the Lord restored the fortunes of[a] Zion,
    we were like those who dreamed.[b]
Our mouths were filled with laughter,
    our tongues with songs of joy.
Then it was said among the nations,
    “The Lord has done great things for them.”
The Lord has done great things for us,
    and we are filled with joy.
Restore our fortunes,[c] Lord,
    like streams in the Negev.
Those who sow with tears
    will reap with songs of joy.
Those who go out weeping,
    carrying seed to sow,
will return with songs of joy,
    carrying sheaves with them.



Ironic?
No.

That’s God.

No comments:

Post a Comment